Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Last few days?!

So its been a while .. We're already back in Sydney for goodness sakes -
Only two more days left here. Not sure how I feel about that yet.
But regardless, the trip got a thousand times better since I last wrote.
Alice Springs - far better than I expected.
And the Outback .. welllllll .. the OUtback and I became good friends if you ask me.
Ever done bush camping? Well - you should. Seriously.
Greatest experience of my life if you ask me.
Nothing better than just laying out smack in the middle of the Outback..
late at night under a perfectly clear night sky -
showing every single star there possibly could be.
I mean, of course that was only one of the three nights -
and the rain could have been a little less .. rainy.
But combine the fact that NO cities or light pollution or noise existed while we were out there -
with seeing the most incredible rock formations on the face of the planet -
A pretty intense weekend if you ask me.
Uluru - the pictures aren't even CLOSE to how incredible it really is.
The many moods - nahhh.
You have to see that up close.
A snapshot at dusk or a nighttime viewing don't even begin to describe the feeling you get when you're there-
at the base of this wonderfully significant part of life.
I'd show pictures - but I think they'll have to wait.
Its one of those "you need a verbal description to coincide with the image" kinda deals.
I definitely know where I plan to live whenever I move over here.
That's for certain.

Oh. And that reminds me.
This whole camping excursion we had ..
made me realize I should test out my own backyard while I'm there too.
I knew I belonged outdoors. Good thing it really hit me while we were camping.
Just gotta get back to the States now and get my hiking/naturelovingness on.
=)

See you soon!
-Jen

--
Jennifer Loveless '11
1 Park Place
Elmira College
Elmira, NY 14901

No comments: