Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sydney

Sydney is incredible. Its so weird being in the place of my dreams. I don't think it's hit really hit me that I'm in Australia. I mean, I have seen a kangaroo and a koala, thanks to the Taronga Zoo (which is by far the best zoo ever). But I think it won't really really get to me until I get to touch and feed them at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary in a few days.
So far, the trip is far better than I could have ever imagined. We've been all over this place, and it's only been a few short days. The hotel is conveniently located - and I feel like I've walked more these last four days than I have in my life. But no complaints. Everything we've been doing is well worth the trek. Each day gets better and better, starting with the Barracks and the Australian Natural History Museum, to the Sydney Aquarium and the Zoo, then off to the Blue Mountains for an incredible view everywhere you turned .. and finally, yesterdays free day: a day at Manly beach, followed by actually TOUCHING the Sydney Opera House and an incredible close up with a Suffet Crested Cockatoo thanks to the Royal Botanical Gardens.
It just keeps getting better and better - so its awesome to think how amazing the rest of the trip is going to be.
Next up for us today is our trip to Canberra. This is where Shelby and I decided to focus our efforts - so I can't wait to see how it goes.

Love from Aussielanddd! <3
Jen


Ps. I'll post pictures ASAP.

--
Jennifer Loveless '11
1 Park Place
Elmira College
Elmira, NY 14901

No comments: