Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Week Number Two -

So .. as Charlie said - the trip only gets better.
It sure doesn't feel like we've been here for almost two full weeks -
but no complaints on my end (other than the time seems to be FLYING by).
We've done so much - and have already seen Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane and now we're in Cairns.
Brisbane was definitely my favorite place to be so far -
it just felt more like a me kinda city (if I had to choose a city that is).
We got to explore a little bit here and there, see what it was like to be in another city compared to Sydney.
But I think the coolest thing we did in Brisbane (since I've decided Fraser Island must stand by itself) was the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.
Similar to a zoo - but BETTER. Far far better. The Sanctuary is home to over 130 koalas! But even cooler - is the fact that you can hold one.
Anddd get your picture taken with him or her. But on top of all that - they have a walking in "petting area" .. for KANGAROOS and EMUS.
Way awesome. Surprisingly - the koalas and the roos are incredibly soft. As long as  you had food with you, they were quite content with life.
Definitely made new best friends.

- Enjoy the pictures, and I'll be sure to chat soon.

Can't wait to explain about the GREAT BARRIER REEF!

-Jen

No comments: